(last updated August 2010)
What data will we collect?
• We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address and the page you request.
• When you register with us you provide your name, your email address, postal address and other information relevant either to your prospective membership of the Society or to make a purchase of goods or services. When you register as a Member you supply your name, your email address, postal address and credit card details.
• We may also record information about pages visited on our site, in order to improve the way our site operates or to provide you with information in accordance with the uses set out below under "How will we use your data?".
How will we use your data?
• We may use your personal data for administration, facilitating contact with you, administration of the your account, marketing, profiling, market research, cross-mailing, processing transactional data and to send you relevant information about the Society.
• If you have opted-in with respect to information in which we believe you may be interested, you may be sent details of services and/or products by us and/or third parties.
• If you have opted-in to allow us or third parties to contact you for these purposes, we or they may do so by email or post.
• We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information about you.
• A cookie is a text file stored by a browser on an individual's computer system that holds information. It will store the information you have submitted and will record your choices and preferences.
• If you do not want a cookie, you can set your browser to deny it.
• By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by the Company.
• By registering with us, you consent to our processing data about you.
• At your request we will supply a copy of the information we hold about you. We may levy a nominal fee for administration.
The Sign Design Society Ltd Reg no. 2771418