Wayfinding Designer, f.r.a. (UK)
f.r.a is a different kind of proposition. We combine the joys of living in Shropshire with the connectivity of working far and wide. We are connected but we’ve carved out a life with fresh air, space and room to grow.
We work in this niche discipline broadly called Wayfinding, doing interesting and varied projects with the best in the industry. We’re excited by design in all forms; we love pattern, beautiful photography, mindfulness and playfulness in ideas, clever thinking, evocative space and useful information design.
Projects range in scale and complexity, all are driven by a desire to get to the heart of a project and build success; that’s commercial success for clients and memorable experiences for people.
Research underpins our thinking, empathy and understanding drive our creativity, and we’re not shy to roll up our sleeves and get things done. This attitude has stood us in good stead and so we’re planning to grow. We’re looking for a new, good team player to join us in our Shrewsbury studio.
What you’d be doing
- Developing wayfinding schemes through from strategy to implementation.
- Confidently guiding clients to help them develop their brief.
- Contributing to creative and strategic thinking.
- Fronting projects in a confident manner, being a good communicator who’s good at selling ideas and helping build client relationships.
- Working collaboratively as well as being self-driven and taking project ownership.
- Plate spinning and prioritising workloads to keep to within tight deadlines and program constraints.
What we’re looking for
- A Creative Degree in a related subject, but proven track record is most important.
- We’d expect that you’d have 3+ years working in an creative agency.
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- CAD skills and Sketchup or 3D modelling would be a bonus.
- A background in digital design would be of interest.
- Brand savviness, user-focused, interest in placemaking.
- Interest and experience in research driven work and hunger for thought driven investigation.
- An understanding of materials and product design, of how things come together and work in a built environment.
- Interest in both digital and analogue worlds and user experiences.
- Enthusiastic, ‘can do’ mentality, someone who will relish getting stuck in.
Salary depends on experience and what you can bring to the team. We pay in line with market rates and share in bonuses of the company’s success. There’s plenty of room for growth, it’s yours for the making.
No agencies please.
Applications by email with CV and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 February 2019.