Billy’s Big SDS Debate 2: Is Wayfinding Relevant?
Thursday 13th September 2018
About this event
- Why should public planners, architects & private institutions use wayfinding professionals?
- What are the benefits? Are they quantifiable? Can they be communicated in a manner that is easily understandable, or is Wayfinding just an expensive luxury that can only be indulged in the good times and discarded during recessionary periods?
- Wayfinding professionals talk about being able to make cities more “liveable”. Is this true? What is the evidence to back this up?
- How does the wayfinding community communicate the benefits of good wayfinding to public planners, bodies, the architectural sector and the general public at large?
- What countries have done this successfully and is there a way to use their experience to further the profession and make our influence heard at decision making level?
Billy’s Big Debate (2) panel
To be confirmed. More information on panel members to follow shortly.
Billy Griffin – Billy is a long-time member of the SDS and currently Sign Design Society Steering Group Treasurer. He is the co-owner of Artisan, a specialist sign manufacturer based in Dublin (Ireland) which operates on a global basis.
Register for this event
This talk is free for SDS members and £25 for non-members. If this is your first SDS talk/event, you can pay a special ‘taster fee’ of £10 payable by invoice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Special offer: if you sign up for SDS membership before 30 September 2018, we’ll reduce your fee by the cost of your Debate ticket!
Please note: This event will be livestreamed and available to SDS members via our SDS Live Facebook account.
Gallery, Alan Baxter Limited, 75 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EL
13 Sep 2018 18:30
Price : £25.00
Already a member? See details above for booking details.