Publication of the Government’s Inclusive Transport Strategy 2018
The Government’s Inclusive Transport Strategy was published on 25 July and is available to download from the Government website. The Department of Transport is clear that all public realm schemes should be inclusive and accessible. The Strategy’s core objectives are:
- raising awareness of passengers’ rights and ensuring better enforcement of existing legislation;
- improving the training that all transport services staff receive;
- improving information provision before and during journeys;
- planning physical infrastructure changes to enable disabled people;
- ensuring inclusive design for the technologies and business models of the future.