Technical Designer, Cobal (UK)
Main purpose of job
Responsible for designing signage and wayfinding, producing drawings, visuals and artwork for manufacturing and sales with a leaning towards product and technical detailing.
How this role supports delivery of our vision
To lead the Industry in delivering brand experience in the built environment requires our Designers to produce drawings with a high -level of accuracy and constantly look for ways to further communicate the client’s brand through creative design evolution.
- Ensure all the company H&S requirements are conscientiously upheld;
- Brand guardianship for selected key clients;
- Produce 2D and 3D designs for client approval. This may include:
Signage, wayfinding and place making elements, including specification and technical detailing;
Circulation, wayfinding and information strategies& guidelines;
Graphic elements such as colour palettes, typography, setting out, pictograms;
- Sign placement audits, plans and content schedules
- Production-ready artworking;
Follow current drawing standards and procedures, and legislation, e.g. BS559, BS8888:1;
Participate in and lead design development and sign design meetings;
Maintain an awareness of newly installed wayfinding and place making work by others and stay informed of current trends in thesignage/wayfinding/ place branding sector, as well as the wider design world;
Support wider team members through research, document creation, and graphic work;
Understand how the company’s design work can make zero, orpositive environmental impact at all stages of the lifecycle; includingmaterial extraction, production, installation, use, updating, removaland disposal;
- Maintain accurate daily timesheet.
Skills and experience (essential)
- Highly organised, with excellent time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills;
- Ability to balance many projects at one time and a flexible response to changing priorities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment;
- Hard-working, committed, responsible, reliable and dependable;
- The ability to read architectural plans and elevations;
- Experience in the sign design or related industry;
- Knowledge of BS8888:1 for drawing production;
- 3D modelling for manufacture, e.g. Inventor, Solidworks or AutoCAD;
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop;
- Broad knowledge of materials, fixings and manufacturing processes.
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio (under 25MB) demonstrating relevant experience of visual communication, qualifications and enthusiasm to email@example.com.