Account Manager, Applied Wayfinding (UK)
Applied Wayfinding is seeking an experienced Account Manager to work as part of the delivery team to execute projects on time and on budget. You will also be a key member of the commercial team, seeking new business opportunities, whilst forging strong client relationships to maximise the value of key accounts.
Applied Wayfinding is an international design agency with unique expertise in creating legible systems for complex environments. Our approach and methods have evolved from many years of experience in developing world-class wayfinding and placemaking schemes for cities, campuses, parks, mixed-use developments and internal spaces. The international nature of the role may mean being available outside the standard working day and includes occasional travel.
You will be based in the London studio where you will have responsibility for the delivery of a number of projects and you will own the client relationship from start to finish. You will find great satisfaction in ensuring that the client has a high quality and high value experience, using your communication skills to translate technical or conceptual information so it is easy for everyone to understand. You will be highly adaptable and will be comfortable letting the day’s events and people’s requests determine what requires attention. You will enjoy managing all the variables with a high level of commercial awareness, seeking maximum productivity and understanding the right combination of people and resources to accomplish the project.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Project manage multiple projects with significant variations in budget;
- Own the client relationship, from successful onboarding to project completion;
- Maximise the value of key accounts by continually seeking new opportunities;
- Devise and implement ‘land and expand’ strategies;
- Estimate deliverables along with project leads to produce timelines and costings for projects and proposals;
- Manage resource in a tight-scheduling environment to ensure projects receive adequate resourcing;
- Ensure the team is on track with key deadlines and maintain a detailed understanding of the project scope;
- Advise on management, administration and acquisition of sub-contractors;
- Maintain project documentation and tools in order to communicate progress and issues to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Establish timeline, meeting cadence and document control both internally with the team and externally with the client;
- Manage project forecasting and invoicing process;
- Provide general support and advice to the studio on resource and infrastructure development;
- Support the recruitment process for new members.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years Account Manager experience dealing directly with clients;
- The ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of the project teams and clients at all levels;
- Confident and comfortable with sudden requests and unforeseen detours;
- Ability to stay productive when competing demands pull you in different directions at once;
- The ability to distill complex information into an easily understandable format;
- Experience working with teams running project programmes and budgets for high-value clients;
- Comfortable with public speaking;
- Proficient in Excel, G Suite and Mac OS;
- Fluent in one or more additional language a distinct advantage;
Why Applied Wayfinding?
- Competitive salary;
- 23 days annual holiday allowance;
- Flexible working;
- Pension contribution;
- Opportunity to join us at an exciting time of growth;
- Committed to people and planet; working towards B-Corp certification.
How to Apply
Please send us an email to email@example.com. Please attach a cover letter and CV saved as one document with your last name and position title (for example Smith Account Manager).
In your cover letter, we will be looking for why you are interested in working for Applied Wayfinding, how your qualifications have prepared you for this role and why you are the best candidate.
[We appreciate your interest in the role and taking time to apply. We expect a high volume of responses and we may only be able to communicate to those applicants who meet the qualifications. If you haven’t heard from us within 21 days of the closing date then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.]