Business Development Manager, isGroup (UK)
IS Group is a sign manufacturing Company selling into construction, public sector, property developers and designers. The role of the Business Development Manager is to work with the sales and marketing team to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue for the Company. To achieve this, they will need to find potential new customers, and to build up existing accounts that will continue to grow business in the future.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager will be to prospect for new clients to utilise our current manufacturing facilities. They must plan persuasive approaches and presentations that will convince these organisations to do business with our Company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new products and support services to clients.
The role is a full-time permanent position. The salary is in the range £28,000 to £40,000 per year . The expected start date is 1st February 2021.
While the exact responsibilities will vary, the main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarised as follows:
- Prospect for potential new clients and new markets turning this into increased business
(dependant on level of experience and knowledge of sectors) annual target to be decided
after initial six month period. (utilising Builders Profile, Property week etc.);
- Actively manage the sales process, lead generation, clarifying requirements and budget;
- Managing and maintaining a sales pipeline and ensuring that the sales administration process is recorded in Progress Plus (MIS software);
- Manage client’s proposals abiding by quality procedures;
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner;
- Plan approaches and presentations;
- Build relationships with new clients;
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships;
- Forecast sales targets with the Sales Manager and ensure they are met by the sales team;
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, products and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Responsible for a minimum of £500,000 of sales orders per year.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to To apply, please send your CV to Leanne@is-group.co.uk. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 January 2021.
Initial interviews will be remote via Zoom due to premises current Covid-19 company precautions (with
perspex screens at workstations, regular cleaning of items in use, and reduced site working).