Wayfinding Designer, Dotdash (Australia)
Dotdash has been focused on building their wayfinding knowledge and expertise since the mid 1980s. A global pioneer in the wayfinding and signage design field, they are experts in developing user-focused outcomes and experiences that connect people with place. Dotdash studio works to a methodology developed over the last 30 years with leading national and international clients. Over the past 30 years Dotdash has designed internationally award-winning wayfinding strategies and signage systems in the built environment, for the transport, healthcare, education & research, major events, civic, cultural & sport, urban precincts & public realm, corporate & commercial, residential and interpretive sectors. More information about Dotdash.
We are looking for experienced wayfinding designers who want to work with Mark Ross and the team at Dotdash. As a designer, Mark Ross has made a significant contribution to the discipline of Wayfinding. His design values encourage and enable mutual collaboration between designers and our design partners. Mark is highly regarded by our clients and colleagues. We are looking to hire designers who are strategic thinkers, rich in ideas, design-focused and passionate about wayfinding and communication in the built environment.
Underpinning your work will be the belief, that, the better we understand the perceptions and the needs of end users, the more effective the wayfinding strategy will become.
- You will have a few years experience working with a dedicated wayfinding studio having worked on mid to large scale projects in any of the above sectors;
- As a designer you will work closely with clients and stakeholders;
- As a strategist you will analyse, problem solve, evaluate, propose, discern and advocate;
- As a creative you will respond, visualise and communicate ideas;
- As a leader in the studio you will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills when engaging with our team, clients and suppliers;
- You will make sense of, and translate complex thinking into logical streams of information;
- You will develop and articulate wayfinding strategies, concepts and narratives;
- The usual skill sets apply – the ability to read architectural plans and elevations, Adobe Creative Suite, CAD software Sketchup preferred – we are a Mac Studio;
- You should have completed a tertiary degree in a related design discipline;
- Ideally, you will have the right to work in Australia.
We value designers who are focused, articulate, considerate and modest.
We believe less is more. We practice restraint and strive for simplicity in our work.
We have four pillars for success: to have consistently satisfied clients; to be proud of our design outcomes; to be surrounded by like-minded colleagues who support one another; to be a profitable business.
To gain an insight and understand more about the position and your role, please visit our website wayfinding designer vacancy page to find an excerpt from “Being in Beijing”: 2012 Dateline London. The world is coming.
If you can see yourself working on leading projects with the Dotdash team, send us your CV and portfolio via Hightail to firstname.lastname@example.org.