Technical Signage Estimator, Astra Signs (UK)
About Astra Signs
Founded in 1984, Astra Signs is one of the UK’s leading sign companies. We are lucky to work with some of the leading brands within the UK and Europe across Hospitality, Travel, Retail, Leisure and Events sectors.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Technical Signage Estimator to enable us to provide effective pricing and further expand our supply chain. The Technical Signage Estimator will have experience in the pricing and understanding of manufacturing process of 3D Letters, Lightboxes, Trays, Totems, Projection Signs, and other types of signage. This includes pricing of structural steel and foundation systems.
This is being offered as a part-time or full time role dependent on circumstances. The role is based in Trafford Park, Manchester.
Main responsibilities include:
- To ascertain the most cost-effective process for manufacture;
- Provide estimates for Account Managers to process;
- Review technical drawings from initial enquiry / tender;
- Define customers’ precise requirements & assist with specifications;
- Decide on feasibility of fabrication based on relevant standards;
- Negotiating prices with suppliers to complete quotations;
- Identify Sub Contractors where necessary and collate and negotiate costs;
- Float Engineer non stock materials;
- To contract review jobs with the projects and design departments to ensure that customer requirements are correctly interpreted.
- Full Driving Licence;
- Fluent English;
- Engineering or technical signage design experience;
- Experience in bespoke signage manufacture, installation and maintenance;
- Experience in graphic display – large format digital printing;
- Knowledge of digital signage and signage systems;
- Tharsten or Clarity system experience preferred;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines;
- Ability to read production drawings;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work with clients.
What we’re offering:
- Salary: from £25,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience
- Benefit package available;
- Flexible working and hours if required;
- A good, friendly and fast-paced working environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to: Paul.Dyke@astrasigns.com.