Mid Level Designer, Applied Wayfinding (UK)
Applied Wayfinding is looking for a talented full-time product designer with a passion for wayfinding and helping people navigate their environments to join our London studio. Please note that this role is physical product/industrial design position, and not UX/UI related.
Applied Information Group is an international design consultancy delivering information systems for cities, trans-portation networks, parks, campuses, buildings, and workplaces. We are passionate about transforming places for better health, exploration, and enjoyment. This has seen us collaborate with the world’s leading institutions and corporations including Google., Westfield, The National Gallery, Heathrow Airport, Transport for London, Sentosa, Metrolinx and The Metropolitan Museum of Art. See our projects.
About the role
Working at Applied means working on all aspects of the design process. From research, through strategy and concept, to detailed design and implementation. We expect designers to be motivated and passionate, with a keen graphic eye and ambition to deliver projects of the highest quality.
We are looking for a mid-level wayfinding designer with industry experience to join our multidisciplinary design team in our vibrant London studio. You will work as part of the wider team of designers, planners, strategists, and researchers across all stages of our projects, delivering innovative wayfinding and information systems for the world’s leading cities, organisations, and institutions.
What we are looking for
We will select applicants based on merit including relevant experience, demonstrated ability, and commitment to the role. We are looking for a candidate with:
- Three to five years’ experience within the design industry, with a portion of that time spent delivering wayfinding and/or environmental graphic design projects;
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, and an ability to ideate, visualise and iterate strong design concepts;
- The ability to take on a project ownership role, collaborating with wider teams, holding client relationships and taking your design from concept through to delivery;
- A portfolio that demonstrates wayfinding and environmental graphic design experience including strong typographic skills and a dedication to the craft of your final designs;
- The ability to talk and write articulately about your decision making and the developmental work behind your designs. At Applied we like design thinkers who champion the meaningful as much as the beautiful;
- As well as being highly collaborative, you will be proactive in approach, and efficient at working on your own initiative;
- The ability to conduct relevant research to support project deliverables and objectives and present your findings clearly and logically;
- Proficiency in core Adobe Creative Suite applications and office software. The company predominantly uses Google Workspace (Slides, Docs, Sheets);
- An understanding of industrial and product design processes including 3D modelling/rendering would be very valuable when working alongside our industrial design team;
- Prior experience involving UX/UI design is not essential but would be valuable;
- Experience involving branding, industrial/product design, exhibition design, editorial design are also highly appreciated;
- Experience with BIM software including Revit would be a bonus;
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is an advantage but not essential.
We are a company that is fully committed to advancing people and society and looking after the planet. Applied is currently working towards B-Corp certification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role but unsure if you have what we are looking for please contact us.
If you feel you have all of the skills and experience required, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit: your CV, portfolio, cover note, indication, and current availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org, titling your email ‘Mid / Senior Product Designer’.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within three weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.