Mid-Weight Wayfinding Designer (remote working option), f.r.a. (UK)
f.r.a. is a different kind of proposition. We provide niche design services including wayfinding, placemaking and brand design. We’re known for an empathetic and unconventional approach to design that gets under the skin of a project but also for delivering real-world results. Our clients love us because we unlock the full potential of their projects and we’re fun to work with. We’re based in Shropshire and service clients all across the country.
It’s an exciting time for f.r.a. we are growing and looking to expand our team. We’re looking for a designer with experience in wayfinding that wants to grow with us.
- Experience in designing wayfinding projects. Wayfinding doesn’t have to be the only thing in your portfolio, but you MUST have a few wayfinding projects to be considered for this role
- An excellent sense of graphic design with a strong portfolio in typography, illustration and layout
- No really, you love type. You have a picture of Miedinger by your bed and you won’t shop at places with poorly kerned signs
- An understanding of physical environments, architecture and interior design. You don’t have to be an architect but you know how to read a plan and get working at scales bigger than paper/screens
- Can think conceptually about design. You can research and want to find out more about places
- You understand brand but can bend the rules enough to apply it in new ways
- You are curious
- 4 – 8 years experience. No more no less
- Exceptional communication skills
As a mid-weight position you’d be working with the Design Director and the wider team to deliver projects. This includes early research and conceptual design and follows all the way through delivery. You’ll see your projects in the real world. You will already have a keen sense of graphic design, and some experience in wayfinding. We will help develop your wayfinding skills and train you on our approach to place. You should already have a strong understanding of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Skills in SketchUp, CAD, other 3D applications, web or motion graphics are a bonus. You will be client facing but with the support of the team.
The position is open to remote working for the right candidate, you will need to be an excellent communicator and able to take direction and manage a project both face-to-face and through agile channels. We would also welcome you to join us in our studio in Shrewsbury, it’s lovely here with fresh air, room to grow and a place where graphic designers can actually afford to buy houses.
The is a full-time position with either a permanent or flexible contract term. Salary depending on experience. We have a flexible studio culture with a focus on enjoying our lives as well as what we do. The mental well-being of our team is very important to us, and we do a lot to look after each other. We share in the company’s success through bonuses. There is plenty of room for growth, it’s yours for the making.
Applications by email with CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Interested in finding out more about f.r.a. and other vacancies in their team? Please visit the f.r.a. website news page.