Project Manager (remote working option), f.r.a. (UK)
f.r.a. is a different kind of proposition. We provide niche design services including wayfinding, placemaking and brand design. We’re known for an empathetic and unconventional approach to design that gets under the skin of a project but also for delivering real-world results. Our clients love us because we unlock the full potential of their projects and we’re fun to work with. We’re based in Shropshire and service clients all across the country.
It’s an exciting time for f.r.a. we are growing and looking to expand our team. We’re looking for a project manager with experience in wayfinding that wants to grow with us.
Responsibilities sit within the projects and design team, reporting to the Project Director, duties include:
- Planning and management of wayfinding & signage projects across the built environment
- Manage design related project deliverables including 2D and 3D sign designs
- Ensure each project is delivered on time, within scope, delivering on client satisfaction, quality control and financial performance
- Create schedules and project programs to communicate and track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders during project delivery
- Apply risk management to minimise project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and communicate closely with project team
- Liaising with project teams coordinating designs, manufacture and installation
- Tracking change management and update to schedules and specifications
- Checking contractors H&S and risk assessment
- Overseeing installation teams and carry out snagging and de-snag works
You’ll need to be a dynamic individual committed to delivering excellent customer service whilst maintaining exceptionally high standards. You will liaise between the studio team and clients, attending site meetings and managing suppliers and subcontractors. The role involves national and potentially international travel.
You’ll embrace the company culture, valuing our core principles: enthusiastic, collaborative, grounded, pragmatic and innovative. You’ll need to appreciate good design, be methodical and highly organised with demonstrable skills & experience, including:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills that works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and project manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Maintain accurate records, filing, completing project administration and related tasks, ensuring efficient delivery
- Technical understanding of signage, materials and finish specifications
- Understand 3D product design and 2D graphic layouts, an ability to draw, model and artwork would be advantageous
- A creative eye and appreciation of branding and visual identity management
- Proven experience within project management of the built environment
Experience in using the following software
- Experience of Merlin or equivalent scheduling software
- CAD Software is a strong advantage
- CAD Software is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of cloud-based project management and collaboration tools
- Ability to work in 3D modelling (SketchUp) would be useful
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) experience
- Degree in Project or Design Management or equivalent but we would consider candidates with real life experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a project manager
- PRINCE II certification an advantage
The position is open to remote working for the right candidate, you will need to be an excellent communicator and able to take direction and manage a project both face-to-face and through agile channels. We would also welcome you to join us in our studio in Shrewsbury, it’s lovely here with fresh air, room to grow and a place where people can actually afford to buy houses.
The is a full-time position with either a permanent or flexible contract term. Salary depending on experience. We have a flexible studio culture with a focus on enjoying our lives as well as what we do. The mental well-being of our team is very important to us, and we do a lot to look after each other. We share in the company’s success through bonuses. There is plenty of room for growth, it’s yours for the making.
Applications by email with CV and link to portfolio to: email@example.com.
Interested in finding out more about f.r.a. and other vacancies in their team? Please visit the f.r.a. website news page.