Associate/Senior Designer (Signage and Wayfinding), Atelier Pacific (Hong Kong)
We are a Hong Kong based multi-disciplinary interior design studio, with a team of 35. Our specific expertise lies in maximizing and enhancing the usability of spaces. We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic designer to work on signage (environmental graphics) and wayfinding projects in Hong Kong and throughout the Asia region. More information about us and the type of work we do can be found at http://www.atelierpacific.com.hk/.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Possess a relevant university degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 7 years work experience, preferably in signage, environmental graphic design wayfinding or similar;
- Creative problem solver with good working knowledge of suitable software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or AutoCAD/3D Studio Max;
- Experience in industrial design or good technical knowledge is an added advantage;
- Must have a good command of spoken and written English (preferably with experience of strategic analysis and report writing);
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, efficiently and under pressure, as well as with good interpersonal skills allowing you to work well with your team.
- To understand and be responsible for all aspects of a project including design and project management duties such as creating and planning new designs, presentations, compiling reports, project administration and realisation, liaison with client representatives, consultants, contractors, project-relevant organisations and any other bodies (such as marketing);
- To be responsible for the status and realisation of your design projects including organising and managing your colleagues and undertaking regular design/project reviews, to meet budget and programme requirements, as well as ensure full compliance with the project requirements and office standards;
- To regularly report to the senior management team and directors on the status of projects, to assess their impact upon the overall company resourcing and finances;
- To update and maintain your skills in accordance with latest industry professional development standards, as well as have an interest and open attitude towards new ways of working.
What We Offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we will also offer the following benefits:
- 15 days annual leave (increasing to 21 days with long service), in addition to the 12 statutory bank holidays;
- Comprehensive medical, hospitalization and dental insurance scheme;
- Life insurance scheme;
- Birthday leave (and for other key celebrations, such as marriage);
- Annual discretionary performance bonus;
- Support for CPD training;
- Excellent career prospects.
Interested parties should apply with full CV, portfolio and details of expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: for this role, having a valid visa to work in Hong Kong is an advantage, although we will advise and assist with an application if required.