Studio Manager, Maynard (Sydney, Australia)
Maynard Design Consultancy is a multi-disciplinary design practice with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and London. Together our team provides a unique combination of design expertise spanning the disciplines of wayfinding, product design, urban design, graphic and information design, and branding. We have led and collaborated on a wide range of projects around the world, from small-scale wayfinding systems to major transport infrastructure projects.
Maynard are currently seeking a Studio Manager for their Sydney studio, with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience, preferably in an architecture or design practice, in a similar studio management role.
About the role
The Studio Manager’s role is at the very heart of the company. You will be the first point of contact for clients and therefore will communicate the essence and values of the business. Confident, highly organised and polite, with a positive outlook and the ability to prioritise and be proactive. You will be required to support the Australian Director, as well as a team of 15-20 designers located across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, enabling them to concentrate on producing the highest quality design work.
- Day-to-day management of a small but fast-paced design studio, based in Sydney – supporting Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- General support to the Director and Senior Management team
- Coordination with London’s Studio Manager
- “Go-to” person for all staff enquiries
- Coordination of all company travel requirements
- Assistance with EOI’s and tender proposals, using InDesign
- Assistance with keeping up-to-date project marketing material including staff CV’s and project case studies
- Assistance with internal meetings, including minuting and leading when necessary
- Assistance with resource administration
- General finance support: assistance with raising invoices, petty cash management and company debit card expense management
- General HR support
- Coordination of all social events for the Australia business
- Management of supplier contracts and invoices
- Management of staff memberships and subscriptions
- Filing and general studio administration
Skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with diary, email and travel management
- Highly organised, with an eye for detail
- Proven ability to prioritise and work with conflicting deadlines
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate InDesign skills
- Experience with Xero software an advantage
- Experience with EOI / tender submission coordination
- Rights to work in Australia (without limitation)
Maynard work benefits
Maynard offers successful candidates a flexible and supportive studio environment. We offer regular staff social events, personal benefits and learning opportunities.
How to apply
Please only apply for this position if you have the relevant experience outlined above. Please highlight relevant experience in a cover letter, and submit along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.