Wayfinding Designer, Dotdash (Australia)
Dotdash has been focused on building their wayfinding knowledge and expertise since the mid 1980s. A global pioneer in the wayfinding and signage design field, they are experts in developing user-focused outcomes and experiences that connect people with place. Dotdash studio works to a methodology developed over the last 30 years with leading national and international clients. More information about Dotdash.
Wayfinding designer role
They are currently recruiting for an experienced wayfinding designer to lead and work on award winning projects for outstanding clients and help shape the studio’s strategic direction. This client-facing role will see the successful candidate lead projects and design teams and drive excellence in design solutions to ensure quality project outcomes for Dotdash clients. The appointed designer will develop wayfinding strategies across a number of sectors ranging from the urban and public realm, transport, healthcare, major events, parklands and open spaces.
Qualities and skills required
- Extensive experience designing wayfinding strategies and signage design, visual communication, environmental graphics, across multiple sectors;
- 5+ years experience in an associate or senior design role;
- Ability to inspire valued design outcomes for clients;
- Proven ability to handle large-scale, complex projects;
- Up-to-date knowledge of user-centred wayfinding strategy and signage design;
- Experience meeting deliverables and deadlines;
- Proven track record nurturing and developing small design teams, through effective coaching and mentoring;
- Unflappable under pressure;
- Professional, tactful manner;
- Ability to contribute to robust and open engagement;
- Excellent leadership skills as well as being a teamplayer.
Invitation to apply
If you’re excited about the opportunity of working in a specialised design practice with a dedicated team to bring our clients’ projects to life, please email your CV, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please Note that Despina Macris, Dotdash Director, will be in London 26-30 March 2019. She will be conducting interviews, with UK-based applicants for this senior wayfinding designer role, at a central London venue (tbc).